We have chosen SDG 1, No Poverty. Poverty in Nepal is a rampant phenomenon and due to which our country remains one of the poorest countries in the world. It has been and remains a member of the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) for many years. According to the United Nations Development Programme’s Human Development Report 2014, Nepal has 145th position out of 187 countries in terms of human development. Now, it is in the hands of the upcoming future generation to do something to alleviate this major problem faced by our country, by making the people aware about the consequences of POVERTY.
- To have a mass impact we are going to spread awareness through social networking sites.
- Reach out to families living below poverty line inside Kathmandu valley and make them aware about financial savings, educating their children by sending them to community schools and also explain it to them how education plays a vital role in overcoming poverty.
- Make the school community aware about the causes and consequences of poverty.
- Coordinate with various local NGOs working in the same sector to organize various awareness campaigns.
- Make the people aware about the governmental policies to eradicate poverty.
Through our ABC Project we intend to make the people aware that poverty is such a virus which can be cured if all the civil societies, educational institutions, citizens and governmental agencies work together in collaboration, cooperation and coordination.
“Let’s Fight Poverty, For Better Tomorrow.”